Tuesday, February 21, 2006

NAME that DOG!!!!

Welcome back to another edition of NAME that DOG!!!! Our contestant today is quite the competitor. She crushed her opponent, Petey, for the love and affection of the Karns. It was a devastating turn of events for what seemed like a guaranteed victory for the young lad. He is currently seeking council...I mean counsel.

Let’s meet our contestant. She’s cute. She’s furry. She’s full of spunk. She’s without a name!


The caller lines are open to find this bundle of joy a name. To get things rolling, we will list our top runners so far.

1. Lafawnda
2. Killer
3. Durango
4. Petey
5. Winner

Come on people, we need you. Time is running out and a name is a necessity.

****UPDATE*****
Caller 1 - She is a little hussie. My vote goes for Vixen.
Caller 2 - I can't believe you are even considering a name for this replacement. I will not degrade Petey in this manner.
Caller 3 - It's my doggie and I'll name her Shay if I want to. Shay if I want to.

This just in: We are getting quite a few suggestions outside the booth through exit polling. This is what the people are petitioning:

Blondie, Abby, Gracie. Daisy

Newton, Sampson

Madge, Zoey, Maggie

Daffy, Daphne, Daffodil, Buttercup

Harmony, Rhapsody, Rhythm, Jazz, Kora, Calypso, Lyric, Piccolo, Falsetto

We're heading to a commercial break. Please stay tuned.

***3,2,1 And we're back. We have another caller on the line. Go ahead caller.

Caller 4 - Can't we all just get along? What is up with Caller #2? If he had his way the lucky lil lass would be named HeHateMe.

Well folks, we have a stunning finish to this wild episode. Coming in out of left field, the winning name is Shaley. The winner overtook the competition by throwing up props to the pups origins. Shaley the dog has background roots from the Shale Rd region. Congratulations are in order indeed. Tell them what they won Bob.

Bob - They won NOTHING! They didn't even call in that name. Why would we reward them? I don't think our sponsors would want to be a part of that kind of backhanded sneakiness. I'm through with this junk. Get my agent on the phone.

With that note, I'd say that concludes this week's episode of Name that Dog!!!! We'll see you next week.

***And.......we're out. Another good one everyone. Someone tell Bob I want to see him in my office. Pronto!

15 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I say "Vixen" the way that little tramp denied poor Petey of a new home especially in his time of need!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Hmmm... I'm thinking.... I'm thinking...
No, I'm not!
I'm still trying to figure out how to rescue Petey!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger The 6 Karns' said...

I've got a few names I'd like to call...oh, we are talking about the dog....

My top pick is SHAY.

I keep telling the Garretts...they need to step up and adopt Petey...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:08:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Vixen - interesting. How about Donner and Blixen?

Amber, I think Petey might be too much of a "real" dog for them to handle. They are currently accustomed to the furball variety. ;O)

Let's keep 'em rolling people!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Hey... I resemble that remark!
Actually, I would love to adopt Petey. I seriously thought about it, but the reality is that our family has to be gone so much for Camp Meeting, Prayer Conference, General Assembly and all the other stuff, not to mention going on vacation, we have pretty much desided we won't have another pet when Cin-a-mut eats his last dog biscuit. And if he keeps peeing on the bathroom floor, his time on earth is going to end much sooner than anyone expects!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:34:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I had to show people at work the pup and ask them for names. Some of the names they came up with are very funny.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:32:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

how about Garrettsdontlikau?? LOL

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok I realize that was lame but waddya expect from me ?? LOL

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is a good one!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:13:00 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

I understand we have a winner!?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You know, sometimes I wonder why I even try to help those Karns people. They always end up doing what they want to do anyway.

Argh! Some people! ~~~Shakes head~~~

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger The 6 Karns' said...

Well - we offer Sarah our most heartfelt THANKS & KUDOS for trying! You just can't hardly get good help anymore - but she proved there are some good ones - ones that truly care about dogs names - out there!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 12:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Danu it is Danish, I think. It means girl.

Friday, February 24, 2006 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I like Danu. That is a very cute name for a pet. It might even turn into a nickname for my daughter or my niece!

Friday, February 24, 2006 8:35:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I forgot to mention that my sister is married to a hispanic man. She is always using Spanish words for boy and girl as the nicknames for her nieces and nephews.

Friday, February 24, 2006 9:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web tracker