Tuesday, January 17, 2006

So called Fanwear for Women


I understand I am traditionalistic. I was the kid that wanted to color the picture exactly as shown on the cover. I like abstract things but I don't like to see purple cows or red grass.

I am in marketing and so I understand that when you sell a product you want the money to come from both sides. However, this stuff drives me crazy. I hate to see fanwear that isn't in the teams colors. Isn't it possible to make a team shirt marketed to a woman and still keep the integrity of the team by actually using the team colors? I honestly believe this should be outlawed. When a food label claims to contain a certain item in a product they have to have a certain percentage of that item in the product. I believe the same should apply here. If they are going to make a team shirt it ought to have a certain percentage of the team colors represented. A pink Cubs shirt? Give me a break!

6 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I AM WITH YOU!!!!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:49:00 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I can't resist...
Maybe pink SHOULD be the color for the Cubs?
(Please don't hurt me Sarah!)

Actually, I think that is just wrong. What in the world are they thinking?

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:16:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Give me a second to catch my breath - you are sooo funny. =P

I have read somewhere that this fast growing trend. Retailers picked up on it and capitalized. Pink is the primary color but they will use any array of colors - Lime Green, Purple, you name it.

It is bad enough when you see a predominately red Cubs shirt because you automatically think Cardinals. However, at least red is a team color.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

What happened to the black background?

Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I added a script I came across that has to do with image display. However, I don't have time to fix the background until after work.

I had a feeling someone would mention it.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

You can count on me!

Thursday, January 19, 2006 12:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web tracker