Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Good luck? Really?

James and I went to the Jewel store in Moline this weekend. We were shopping around and spent a lot of time looking at coffee. I am well stocked but James is a bit picky about his coffee. I can't say that I blame him. Well, he found a brand that he likes was on sale and he bought 3 canisters. Then he started asking if I thought that was enough or if he should buy more since it was a good price. Then, he found his absolute favorite coffee was on a good sale but he couldn't find his flavor. He asked the stock boys to check on it so we were standing around there for like forever.

All of a sudden, I felt a raindrop on my head. I looked up to find a leaky pipe or broken or spilled bottle. Instead, upon looking up I found a little sparrow flying away. That bird POOPED ON MY HEAD! I told James and he thought I was crazy. He briefly looked in my hair and didn't see anything. I persisted it happened and I could still feel the point of contact. Upon further inspection, he said, "Yup, there it is. It's only a small piece though." There is no such thing as a small piece when it comes to poop. I told him it felt like it was burning my skull. Now, we all know it wasn't actually burning but I almost lost my mind with this on my head and really thought I'd go crazy. There was no way I could make it back to Galesburg with this.

James brought me to the place he gets his hair cut. He asked how much it would cost to get a hair wash. The lady asked, "A wash and a cut?" No, we told her just the wash. She looked at us like we were crazy. She said nobody comes in to just get their hair washed. James explained what happened and she started to laugh. They were booked up but she said to come back in a few minutes and she'll charge $5. When we got there, a different lady took care of me. She had a bird poop on here head just last week while she was outside her house. She also agreed that waiting until I got back to Galesburg was out of the question. She didn't charge us so we gave her a $3 tip.

James told me that in Europe that is considered a sign of good luck. He also said the same thing about stepping in doggie doo. I scoffed at the idea. Sure enough, when I looked it up on the internet and there it was. One of the funniest things is that we we had just finished a conversation about how this store was so much cleaner than the stores in Galesburg.

Good luck? You've gotta be kidding me. However, it does make for a good story. We were laughing about it all day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

If that is supposed to mean good luck, then there is something wrong in my life. It seems like I must have a bullseye sitting on top of my head because I have had this happen far more times than the odds of chance should allow, and I'm still waiting for the "good luck" to come my way!

Friday, September 22, 2006 6:26:00 AM  
Blogger ruthrap said...

funny! i remember one time (eons ago) i got crapped on by a bird...think it was at school...i didn't think too much of it at the time, i know everybody else thought it was funny...never knew it was good luck tho......and Darrell, you've already proved that theory wrong! actually, you are kinda lucky--you get to live in Galesburg and pastor a bunch of great people!!! Right?!

Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never been pooped on But I have had many a dogs piss on my leg....What does that mean? I smell like a tree, fire hydrant? What?

Monday, September 25, 2006 4:29:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

If you would stop wearing the pine leaf car freshener as a necklace and the bright red jilbab and hijab, you wouldn't have that problem!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web tracker